Senior Scientist, Signal Processing
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
As a part of AbbVie’s Digital Science Team, you will have the opportunity to advance medicine development with Digital Health solutions. The Digital Science Team is responsible for setting the strategic vision for Digital Health across the Development Organization and working across all Therapeutic Areas to bring those strategies to life for AbbVie and for patients. The Signal Processing Senior Scientist will provide subject manner expertise (SME) as we advance the research and development of digital endpoints and manage the signal processing efforts for analytical and clinical validations in collaboration with internal as well as external partners.
- Perform signal processing, imaging analytics and algorithm development support across therapeutic areas. This will include efforts to define data structures, feature extractions, and/or managing external partners so the proper methodologies and scientific rigor are applied to ensure highly accurate and reliable results.
- Partner with the Digital Strategy Leads on technical assessments of new and novel technologies, making sure that the digital health tools being implemented in clinical trials not only meet the technical requirements but also align with the clinical evidence and overall strategy.
- Collaborate with Data Science and Statistics to define data collection methods and requirements such that the downstream signal processing and data analysis can be fully enabled and streamlined to produce desired results.
- Provide SME input on the sections of documentation for regulatory agency meetings and participate in said meetings to address technical questions raised by regulatory agencies.
- Author sections of CSR, technical reports, and support publications and presentations.
- Graduate training required. MS (with 4+ years of experience) or PhD in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a highly related field
- Firm understanding of various sensors used in the medical and consumer devices, i.e. accelerometer, gyroscope, temperature, pressure touch, proximity, microphone, radiofrequency, 2/3D optical imaging, cameras, and lidar etc.
- Methodical, detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects, as well as collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Knowledge and experience of time series analysis methodologies such as autocorrelation, cross-correlation, Fourier Transform, Short-Time Fourier Transform, Wavelet Transform, Wavelet Scattering Transform, Hilbert-Huang Transform
- Proficient in programming, signal processing and data analysis using Python, MatLab, C++, JAVA, R, SQL, data structure and algorithm development
- Comfort working in a fast paced, agile environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence and navigate a highly matrixed organization
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.