Medical Imaging Deep Learning Research Scientist
Medical Science & Computing, a Dovel Company, is searching for a Medical Imaging Deep Learning Research Scientist who will be responsible for supporting the development of R&D systems at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is full-time, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD (post-pandemic when it is safe). The NIH requires a resource with experience in biomedical image processing and machine learning, in particular deep learning, who will be responsible for supporting R&D projects in medical image analytics and clinical decision making.
Duties & Responsibilities
The ideal applicant must have a strong background in deep learning demonstrated through publications in leading journals and conferences.
It is necessary that the applicant have experience in the use of multiple GPUs, Docker or similar environments, and use of both desktop computers as well as high performance compute clusters with GPUs for solving complex problems using deep learning for medical decision-making.
Experience in use of visualization of inner-workings of convolutional neural networks is required. The applicant must be comfortable with both Windows and Linux environments, and programming in Python and MATLAB.
The candidate will be a part of the medical image analytics R&D program.
The selected candidate shall conduct R&D using deep learning applied to medical image data for developing novel solutions in support of clinical decision-making, visual data understanding, and multimodal information retrieval.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline and demonstrable (2+ years) of relevant image analysis and deep learning experience.
- Demonstrable experience in medical image processing, analysis, and classification.
- Demonstrable experience in developing custom deep learning workflows with visualizing activations.
- Demonstrable experience of an additional 2+ years in other machine learning techniques, e.g., Support Vector Machines (SVMs), applied to medical image analytics.
- Publications in high-quality journals in applying deep learning to medical imaging problems for clinical decision-making.
- Experience with statistical analysis of experimental outcomes.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in working under Linux and Windows environments
- Minimum 2 years' experience with use of multiple GPUs on desktop as well as high-performance GPU compute clusters for deep learning.
- Programming in MATLAB, Python.
- Experience with container technologies: Singularity, Docker.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Write clean, consistent and well-documented code.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills. Ability to both take direction and work in a self-directed manner, as well as a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills, and ability to document projects and provide status reports. Experience in presenting work at leading national and international forums is desirable.
- Experience in mentoring students is desirable.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Flexibility to shift priorities as needed.
- Good working knowledge of DICOM format is a plus.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.