Senior Manager, Contract Governance & Compliance
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Contract Governance and Compliance position is responsible for the implementation of contract strategy, proposal development, with emphasis on governance and compliance execution for the full portfolio of products marketed in the North America region to support the sales and marketing team.
Coordinates and manages the process flow of customer contracts in all phases of creation, development, approval, and execution. Provides updates to Senior Leadership, Corporate Accounts management, and the CAM team in the areas of contract performance with services provided, purchase requirements, and logistics. Ensures tracking databases are updated to provide summary information on potential and existing contracts. Coordinates data, MSA, and other agreements as necessary with all corporate accounts.
- Contract Compliance – Responsible for managing the contract quarterly results to adhere to the contract requirements. Develop a reporting process with the external customer that will effective communicate the contract requirements and contract performance results. Interfaces with Finance, Pricing, Government Reporting, Data Analytics, Sales and Marketing in the implementation of the strategy and the coordination of the results. Key customers include Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Specialty Pharmacies (SPs), Payers (Cigna, Aetna, etc), Distributors, large Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs).
- Proposal Development – Responsible for the development of all contract proposals across our customer network. Interfaces with CSL Behring Corporate Accounts, Finance, Legal, Analytics and Senior Regional Leadership teams to ensure alignment with regional goals and objectives. Maintains external customer contact throughout the proposal development and negotiation process.
- Governance & Compliance – Has accountability for ensuring full compliance by customers and CSL to the contract terms and conditions. Responsible for development and implementation of a plan of action, involving cross-functional partners as needed, to effectively and quickly address issues impacting performance against contract terms. Regularly audits customer performance to contract terms and addresses unsatisfactory audit findings. Works closely with US Account Management team to ensure that contracts are clearly communicated and fully understood.
- Be knowledgeable with the US healthcare systems/customer requirements and align CSL Behring’s financial contractual arrangements with customer’s deliverables/abilities.
- Contract Administration – Segments customer and contract-specific metrics such as ROI, level of control, sales, and membership. Ensures that metrics are routinely measured, evaluated and reported to relevant stakeholders and are leveraged for continuous process improvement. Regularly assesses brand and contract strategies to ensure integration that maximizes CSL profitability.
- Responsible for creating and managing a set of contract management programs and tools – to include:Building a contract database
- Management of administrative aspects including appropriate management of contract timing and term expiration
- Creation of payment schedules to guide adherence and facilitate timely reporting to the US Government with respect to best-price implications.
- Be a subject matter expert for the business by working with IT for contract system management, process implementation and future system enhancements/requirements.
- Provide support to Corporate Account Manager (CAM) team for structured quarterly business reviews with appropriate CSL customers.
- Provide oversight and subject matter expertise for contract implications to Government reporting Best Price, CMS ASP, CMS AMP, Federal Reporting, most favorable customer and 340b programs.
- Work with legal to review contract terms and conditions. Validate the business requirements in a contract are aligned with the company strategy and have been approved by the pricing committee.
- Support the health care systems function in development of contract offers within approved pricing structures and where required develop business case for pricing exceptions for review by Pricing Committee.
- Understand and model the financial impact of marketing programs, strategy and company forecast/budgets by collaboration with marketing, corporate finance team and pricing team.
• Bachelor degree in business/marketing or science discipline; MBA a plus
• 7+ years' relevant commercial operations experience Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare environment, in roles involving contracting, proposal development and/or controller/finance management. Experience in account management and/or managed markets highly desired.
• Experience diagnosing and resolving complex issues
• Knowledge of relevant legal, compliance and regulatory requirements
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint required. Experience preferred with Model N, SAP, Compass or similar system and Tableau.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.