Principal Scientist (Computational Science / Translational Safety)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen is seeking a computational scientist at the Principal Scientist level to work in the Department of Translational Safety and Bioanalytical Sciences (TS&BA). In this vital role you will contribute to the drug development process from target identification and validation through product registration and post marketing activities. The ideal candidate will provide hands-on data analysis to support addressing safety-related questions, which requires a unique combination of computational skills and biological understanding coupled with a proven ability to develop solutions that are fit for purpose. An understanding of nonclinical drug safety and clinical translation as well as the ability to distill complicated technical data into biologically meaningful results and recommendations is critical.Primary responsibilities of the Principal Scientist include:
- Work in multi-disciplinary cross-site teams
- Lead analysis efforts and provide subject matter expertise on RNA-sequencing and single cell RNA-sequencing data, including assessment and construction of gene models across numerous species
- Lead analysis efforts and provide subject matter expertise on utilizing human genetics, GWAS, and PheWAS datasets to inform potential safety liabilities
- Lead analysis and predictive translation efforts of numerous, diverse nonclinical to clinical data endpoints
- Author technical reports that summarize complicated computational and bioinformatic analyses in an accurate, yet simplified manner which can be understood by a diverse scientific audience
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a computational scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree & 3 years of scientific experience
Masters degree & 6 years of scientific experience
Bachelors degree & 8 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications
- 15+ years of industry experience in nonclinical safety demonstrating a sustained record of achievement and the ability to understand translational biology
- Subject matter expertise in genomics, genetics, GWAS, PheWAS, sequence analysis, RNA-Seq, scRNA-seq, meta-analysis, statistical programming, and general data sciences and visualization.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to work independently, build productive cross-functional collaborations, manage conflict, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Demonstrated learning agility, resilience, teamwork skills, and leadership skills.
- Interest and ability to serve as a subject matter expert in a specific discipline.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.