Specialist Application Security Enginee
Specialist Application Security Engineer
The Specialist Application Security Engineer plays an integral role in Information Security for Amgen. The primary responsibility is to support various capabilities within Amgens Application Security function. You will work with various partners at Amgen in a manner aligned to Amgens values to define and implement Information Security Services strategies, standards, tools and processes. The Specialist IS Security Engineer will be a part of Amgens Information Security team and will be expected to contribute to and help deliver services and projects in other areas of information security.
The role will be part of the Information Security team responsible for delivering security services across Amgen globally. This position will focus on Secure SDLC and Application Security services and technologies to ensure a secure by design approach across Amgens applications.
The individual will partner with developers and business owners from applicable technical teams to assess the security architecture of new products and capabilities via application security assessments, prioritize and advise on options to mitigate identified flaws and vulnerabilities and work with development teams to define and evangelize security best practices. Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will:
- Manage SAST platform and engagement with development teams
- Review code for security vulnerabilities and practices dangerous to security and privacy.
- Write custom rules on automated source code scanning tools
- Script (Python, Perl, Ruby etc) and build automation tools on an ad-hoc basis
- Create and deliver knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to educate developers and operations teams on application security best practices and secure coding techniques.
- Write reports including recommendations, root cause analysis, security summary analysis, and project roadmaps
- Help with tools identification, onboarding and/or tools development to assist developers in the secure development of applications
- Configure, run, maintain, and utilize security tools for the Appsec program, e.g., static and dynamic code analysis tools
- Build process and technology to improve the reporting and prioritization of identified weaknesses
- Discover threats, vulnerabilities and exploits through architecture design review, threat modeling, code review, SAST and DAST assessments
- Triage issues found by tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks
- Offer remediation guidance to stakeholders for identified issues and serve as an escalation resource for developers as they reduce issues
- Draft application security policies, standards and guidance documentation that can be leveraged in the secure development of products and services
- Monitor latest web application security developments and security trends to continually improve internal processes;
- Work with DevOps team to improve Application Security; Research, Prototype, integrate Security Tools into CI/CD pipeline (container security, SAST, DAST, IAST, third party vulnerability Scanning, etc) aiming to achieve 100% coverage of all deployment/build pipelines
- Collaborates cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience.
- Provide mentorship and training on areas of expertise to junior Application Security team members.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The information security professional we seek is team-oriented with these qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent and at 6 years of experience in a related field
- Strong understanding of common software and web application security vulnerabilities. including OWASP top 10, SANS/CWE Top 25 etc.
- Security verification of web applications or mobile apps using OWASP ASVS/M-ASVS and testing guides
- Hands-on experience with tools and technologies used throughout secure SDLC (e.g., Burp Suite/ZAP, Fortify/Checkmarx /Veracode, WhiteSource/Blackduck).
- Experience driving application security requirements in a traditional SDLC and through stories and epics in an Agile and SCRUM development environment
- DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, jenkins, gitlab etc.
- Good hands-on experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby) and automating tasks
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective working with virtual teams
- Team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.