Advocacy Relations Senior Manager - Lung Cancer (U.S. Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Advocacy Relations Senior Manager Lung CancerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will report to the Advocacy Relations Director, Thoracic and GI Cancers, and the work may be done remotely with travel anticipated in the future.
The Advocacy Relations Senior Manager Lung Cancer will be responsible for the development and implementation of a U.S. and global advocacy engagement strategy with patient organizations to advance initiatives throughout products lifecycles. The Senior Manager will work collaboratively with internal partners and external third-party organizations to align on shared priorities, implementation plans and deliverables. The Senior Manager will build and sustain trusting and effective working partnerships with patient advocacy leaders and members.
Responsibilities of the Advocacy Relations Senior Manager Lung Cancer portfolio include:External stakeholder responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of the thoracic cancer advocacy strategy throughout the products development cycle in the US and other key markets globally.
- Build and maintain long term, substantive relationships with U.S. and global patient groups and other key partners based on values of trust, respect and transparency
- Effectively engage the advocacy community to bring the patient voice and preferences into Amgens strategies, programs, and capabilities.
- Heighten disease state and therapeutic-area knowledge among external groups.
- Raise awareness of novel therapies and diagnostics, support their value proposition, and address access barriers.
- Work cross-functionally as a strong partner and collaborator with US and global teams, and regularly communicate outcomes and results.
- Ensure strategic plans and relationships with key US patient groups and professional associations are aligned, coordinated and maximize efficiencies across Amgen.
- Coordinate Amgens engagement strategies with partners at medical congresses.
- Serve as an internal resource for Amgen affiliates and find opportunities in priority countries to maximize disease awareness and address patient access barriers to innovative therapies.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Advocacy Relations professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Advocacy and/or Policy experienceOr
Masters degree and 4 years of Advocacy and/or Policy experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 6 years of Advocacy and/or Policy experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Advocacy and/or Policy experienceOr
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Advocacy and/or Policy experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience with patient advocacy groups and/or professional (medical) associations
- 3+ years of experience working for global pharmaceutical companies as a liaison with patient advocacy groups and/or professional associations
- Strategic and creative problem solver with the ability to truly understand business challenges and priorities and develop impactful programs that integrate soundly with business objectives
- Demonstrated proficiency working directly with leadership, including the ability to advise, influence, and coach on advocacy relations strategies around potentially sensitive issues
- Sensitivity to diverse groups of people both internal and external with the ability to manage many different opinions and perspectives, including tolerance for ambiguity
- Previous experience in oncology. Ability to assimilate complex medical knowledge and communicate to non-medical audiences.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to efficiently navigate a challenging and dynamic environment, and deal with rapidly changing priorities
- Implements tactics effectively, on time, and within budget.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills; hardworking, team player and self-starter; serious dedication to hard work and excellence
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to distill complex issues and information into simple, compelling, and relevant messages
- Understands the pharma/biotech business model, regulatory process & compliance guidelines
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID-19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.