Senior Global Program Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Senior Global Program Manager
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a strategic partner to leaders of the Product Teams in the success of the program's strategic vision. Implementation of our strategy occurs via three cross-functional sub-teams called Work Package Teams (WPTs).
The WPTs include
- Evidence Generation Teams (EGTs) focusing on clinical development activities
- Product Delivery Teams (PDTs) that concentrate on operations/manufacturing and supply chain activities
- Integrated Brand Teams (IBTs) that are committed to global marketing, pricing, access, and reimbursement activities.
The Senior Global Program Manager (SPM) will drive the development, creation, and implementation of high-quality, global, coordinated cross-functional project plans for products following the program strategy. In addition, the SPM may be asked to lead and/or participate in a special department, cross-functional, or team projects.
The SPM supports the cross-functional drug development and commercialization activities of pipeline or inline products at Amgen and will report to the Director of Global Program Management. We are open to discussions about location flexibility or remote work arrangements; however, co-location with the headquarter in Thousand Oaks is preferred.
- Partners with functional leads to develop high quality, integrated, cross-functional plans for cross-functional sub-teams that are aligned with the overall program strategy
- Ensures cross-functional alignment and accountability
- Facilitates resource planning, financial and capacity assessments as needed
- Conducts the risk management and scenario planning and develops contingency and/or risk mitigation plans
- Coordinates activities with external business partners and alliances, where applicable; contributes to a successful partnership outcome
- Ensures effectiveness of the work package teams by:
- Drives the development and timely completion of annual WPT goals and input to the Global Product Strategy
- Documents issues, decisions, and action items of functional work package teams and ad hoc project team meetings
- Identifies cross-functional project issues to Global Program Manager (GPM) or cross-functional Work Package Team Lead, as appropriate
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Senior Project Manager professional we seek is experienced, professional, dynamic, goal-oriented, and results-driven with these qualifications:
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of relevant experience OR
- Masters degree and 4 years of relevant experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of relevant experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of relevant experience
- Drug development experience, including deep experience in one or more core drug development and commercialization functions and experience leading teams through the governance process.
- Program and project management skills with experience in a healthcare-related environment, operationalizing strategic initiatives, including cross-functional strategic planning, developing integrated plans, monitoring, and driving execution.
- Emotional intelligence skills including influencing without authority and navigating within a matrix environment.
- Experience using Project Management tools, methodologies, practices, and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.