Senior Associate Supply Chain
Development Supply Chain (DSC) is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of products, process knowledge and technology solutions to enable Amgens accelerated product commercialization. The DSC organization manages all aspects of demand and supply planning, scheduling and materials/sourcing management activities in all phases of pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial development. As an integral part of the Process Development organization, DSC provides an innovation ecosystem to advance differentiating multi-modality capabilities and gain insight in development and a regulated environment in support of product and process development. Leveraging our tech transfer and manufacturing capabilities, DSC serves as a launch site to enable speed to market for Amgens innovative products and biosimilars.
The Senior Associate Supply Chain will leverage strong planning skills, utilize key supply chain concepts to manage multiple priorities as well as apply data analytics skills. Under general supervision, this role will perform production planning requirements in order to successfully complete operational objectives, improve existing systems and processes as well as develop a variety of data analytics tools for the department.
- Ensure all work is completed with minimal disruption and in compliance with all cGMP guidelines and Amgen procedures
- Support supply chain initiatives to improve business processes, reporting and metrics through the enhancement of the global ERP system
- Administer the multiple Manufacturing process orders, including the coordination of logistics execution activities, which includes regular interface with internal and external clients, and issue resolution
- Analyze, consolidate, and report demand to management, co-workers, and customers
- Develop multiple scenarios to assist in driving long range plans and capacity analysis
- Review and rationalize BOM requirements for new and existing products
- Review material requirements, usage, and inventory to determine requirements
- Examine schedules and other documents to ascertain delivery and pick up schedules
- Maintain current process orders and master data in the SAP using current production information
- Use the application of Standard Supply Chain and Planning principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Set up master data for material in close collaboration with partner functions, as needed
- Monitor financial impact of potential scrap under different levels of demand and appropriate expiration dating assumptions
- Interface with site planning, manufacturing, quality, business unit leaders, and finance to ensure functional alignment of plans and expected outcomes
- Use credibility, planning knowledge, and expertise to influence demand process as appropriate
- Prepare and present analytical reports of data
- Manage a diverse portfolio of programs simultaneously as well as support a variety of data analytics projects while consistently delivering high quality results
- Partner with business and technical experts to define processes, procedures and best practices for development, maintenance and enhancement of data analytics, visualization, and reporting.
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse key stakeholders to identify business requirements and provide guidance on best approaches to translating into efficient tools.
- Masters degree OR Bachelors degree 2 years of operations, supply chain or manufacturing experience OR
- Associates degree & 6 years of operations, supply chain or manufacturing experience OR
- High school diploma / GED & 8 years of operations, supply chain or manufacturing experience
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of working experience
- 2 years of experience with SAP or equivalent planning software
- Experience designing, modeling and deploying models with widely used planning and analytics applications such as SAP, Cognos TM1, Business Objects, Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI
- Excellent mathematical, strong analytical as well as problem-solving skills
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to compile information in to Power Point presentations
- Advanced excel skills, including competency with V-lookups, pivot tables, and formulas
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.