Scientist (In Vivo Pharmacology / Oncology)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Scientist - In Vivo Pharmacology / OncologyLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. The Department of Oncology and Inflammation Research is seeking a Scientist to join the In Vivo Pharmacology group. In this vital role you will be part of a fast-paced, integrated and interactive research group exploring therapeutics for Oncology and Cancer Immunotherapy programs. In this vital role, you will be responsible for designing, generating and communicating pharmacology and preclinical data to support the progression of oncology research teams. The candidate will lead a laboratory group and contribute to multiple project teams and will collaborate with other research scientists at multiple Amgen sites, including teams in other functional areas such as Therapeutic Discovery, Medical Sciences, and Computational Biology. The candidate will utilize in vivo pharmacology and animal models to validate and accelerate molecules through the Oncology research pipeline. In addition, the candidate will be expected to publish and present at national/international conferences.Win
What we expect of you
What we expect of you We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Master's degree & 4 years of scientific experience
Bachelor's degree & 6 years of scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- PhD or MD, with postdoctoral research experience in the fields of immunology, cancer immunotherapy, autoimmunity, microbiology or human genetics
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in the area of immunology or oncology.
- Demonstrated experience in pharmacology and in vivo models of oncology and cancer immunotherapy.
- Hands on experience administering drugs through various routes (intraperitoneal, intravenous, subcutaneous, retro-orbital, oral gavage)
- Molecular and cellular biology techniques and experience with multi-color flow cytometry (5+ colors)
- Previous drug discovery experience
- Computer literacy, especially proficiency with Graphpad Prism, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, along with the ability to work in a flexible team-oriented environment
- Attention to detail, translating into high quality results
- The ability to work independently on research goals and to direct the research and day to day responsibilities of others
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, show a desire to learn and be a part of a busy, highly productive team
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.