Observational Research Senior Manager (Open to remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.Observational Research Senior ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. With a constantly increasing demand for information from regulatory and reimbursement agencies, Observational research (OR) has become a critical area in drug development and commercialization. Amgens Center for Observational Research (CfOR) partners with internal and external teams to generate real world evidence for multiple partners across the product lifecycle. The CfOR contributes evidence regarding the frequency and distribution of disease or the clinical burden of disease, the natural history or clinical course of disease, the design of clinical trials, cost and utilization patterns and the safety and effectiveness of interventions.
With the on-going growth and planned expansion of Amgens CfOR, there will be multiple opportunities for Observational Research Senior Managers (Epidemiology). In this vital role you will be responsible for research activities on therapeutic/product or Data and Analytics Center (DAC) functionally aligned teams. The CfOR Senior Manager is recognized as a strong scientific contributor and a first or contributing author for papers in peer-reviewed journals, abstracts for scientific congresses and internal reports that enhance the companys mission. Preferably, CfOR Senior Managers will be located on the Amgen corporate campus in Thousand Oaks, CA, but remote working opportunities may also be available.Key activities will include:
- Designing and executing studies to support evidence generation such as identifying appropriate patient populations, assessing disease burden and resource utilization, obtaining product registrations and label-expansions, meeting post-marketing requirements/commitments and product differentiation.
- Finding opportunities to substitute for and/or complement interventional studies to reduce time and cost of drug development.
- Influencing cross-functional partners in the utilization and timing of non-interventional research to answer high-priority strategic business questions.
- Demonstrating real-world data and CfOR analytic approaches to inform high-value business decisions for multiple partners.
- Tracking business and functional priorities and aligning resources for those priorities.
- Contributing to the mission of the CfOR including progressing innovative epidemiological methods and analytical capabilities to support the CfORs leadership role within Amgen and the industry.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The qualified professional we seek is a Senior Manager with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Doctorate degree and 2 years of related research and scientific experienceOr
Master's degree and 6 years of related research and scientific experienceOr
Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related research and scientific experienceOr
Associate's degree and 10 years of related research and scientific experienceOr
High School diploma / GED and 12 years of related research and scientific experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Doctorate in Epidemiology or other subject with high observational research content.
- Experience in the design, implementation and analysis of observation research studies within Pharmaceutical and/or Public Health settings.
- Experience in research to support drug development.
- Experience working with secondary data systems including administrative claims, EMR and registries.
- Experience in observational research project planning and management.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.