Senior Associate Scientist - Oncology Research
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Scientist Oncology ResearchLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. Amgen Oncology Research in South San Francisco is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Senior Associate Scientist to join our immuno-oncology research team. In this vital role, you will contribute to advancing novel cancer immunotherapies from discovery to IND-enabling studies. This individual will undertake activities such as development of immunological assays, exploration of mechanisms of action in vitro and in vivo, execution of screens to identify therapeutic candidates and studies to address safety and translation.
- Perform in vitro assays to dissect the mechanism of action of small or large therapeutic molecules targeting T, NK and myeloid cells
- Develop, optimize and / or troubleshoot assays
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other scientists on assigned projects
- Identify and validate new experimental techniques or technologies to address challenges and / or increase efficiency
- Execute experiments and scientific tasks with independence, scientific rigor and curiosity
- Generate presentations and communicate results in department and project team meetings
- Contribute to external presentations including posters and manuscripts
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a scientist with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of Life sciences, Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology or related field experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Life sciences, Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology or related field experiencePreferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry, gene expression and cell transfection methods, primary murine and human immune cell assays and immunological read-outs is required. Experience with cynomolgus monkey immune cell phenotyping and primary cell assays is desired.
- Proficiency with FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement as exemplified by your publication record and/or significant contributions to a therapeutic development program
- Possess a broad understanding of drug development especially cancer immunotherapy. The ideal candidate will have experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team setting
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and consistent delivery of high-quality work
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and grow
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Amgen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.