Medical Communications Manager, Oncology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Medical Communications Manager, OncologyLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for communicating scientific information related to Amgens thoracic oncology portfolio.
- Contribute to the development of scientific resources, including slide decks, FAQs, MedInfo letters, and digital content
- Respond to complex medical information inquiries
- Analyze medical literature to inform medical strategies and tactics
- Manage project-associated budgets and vendors
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a go-getter with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of clinical, academic or industry experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of clinical, academic or industry experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of clinical, academic or industry experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of clinical, academic or industry experience
- PharmD, PhD, MD, or DO with one or more years of experience in clinical research, patient care, Medical/Scientific Affairs, and/or basic research (Other doctorate degrees may be considered)
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry, and/or clinical or research experience in the area of oncology
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the regulatory and legal guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
- Aptitude in writing and speaking publicly on scientific and clinical data
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, time management, and project planning skills with strong ability for self-direction
- Demonstrated track record in a matrix environment with limited supervision
- The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
- Understanding of disease landscape and clinical data to enable critical analysis of scientific literature and communicate implications cross-functionally
- Prior experience of successfully managing consultants and vendors
- Strong computer and database skills, particularly with Microsoft Office products
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.