Scientist I/II, Metabolism
What if... you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way.
Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.cellarity.com.
Cellarity is seeking a talented an energetic, and highly motivated Scientist with expertise in cellular biology and assay development with a focus on metabolism to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to support existing and new drug discovery projects. The candidate will be responsible for developing and conducting medium/high throughput cell-based assays to test data-driven hypotheses, uncover new disease mechanisms and validate therapeutic interventions. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists of the Metabolism team at Cellarity to rapidly advance the therapeutic programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, well-organized, detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and drug development.
- Develop, validate, and apply medium/high throughput cell-based assays related to metabolic disease
- Analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at team and company meetings.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Master’s degree in biology or related field, and minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or PhD with 0-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in industry.
- Experience in performing medium/high-throughput cellular assays with the goal of screening small molecule compounds
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, preferably with primary cells and familiarity with in vitro models of differentiation and metabolic disease
- Proven hands-on experience with cell-based and in vitro pharmacology assays with a variety of readout technologies Additional experience in gene expression, Western Blot, ELISA, and high-content imaging required.
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, with ability to prioritize workloads, and work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Creative, innovative, with strong problem-solving approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.