High Throughput Quality Manager/Senior Manager
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Mentor and grow a team of data reliability specialists
- Collaborate with laboratory, data science and software engineering stakeholders to identify potential risks to data quality or gaps in our current processes and develop plans to address them
- Establish a detailed plan for the buildout of a more comprehensive R&D quality process that incorporates review of data, data trending, quality deep-dives, pre-process quality tests, in process quality tests, document control, and CAPA investigations
- Ensure that the data generated from our High Throughput Screening (HTS) platforms is reliable, reproducible and meaningful
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join the fast-paced Innovation and Scale-up team inside Recursion’s Core Operations Department. This team pulls together biologists, chemists, data scientists, software engineers and automation engineers to bring robust new assays to our High Throughput Screening (HTS) platforms. To ensure that our assays are performing as expected, proper processes must be in place to ensure the data generated by these assays are reliable. That is where you come in. As the High Throughput Quality Manager you will establish a detailed plan to take our HTS quality processes to the next level - focusing on processes that directly impact our ability to ensure reliable data from our R&D pipeline. This is not a role focused on documentation without purpose - we care deeply that our data is of the highest quality, not how many forms we can build. While driving a long term vision for our comprehensive R&D quality system, you will also be in charge of ensuring that we are generating data that meets expectations day-to-day. To accomplish these missions, you will be leading a small team of data reliability specialists who will perform daily activities related to reviewing assay data, performing deep dives on identified issues and helping to build new metrics/interfaces to qualify assay data.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams, establish new data processes and collaborate cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and generate insights from data
- Attention to detail and willingness to track down and troubleshoot problems
- Strong quantitative skills with a firm understanding of basic statistical concepts
- Comfortable working with computational tools - experience with programming techniques is a plus, e.g. Python, R, SQL, Splunk
- Clear understanding of experiment design and the scientific method
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or engineering discipline with at least 2 years of management experience
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.