Director of Training, Psychedelic Psychotherapy Facilitators
Cybin has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Training, Psychedelic Psychotherapy Facilitators to join the growing team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Training, Psychedelic Psychotherapy Facilitators reports directly to the Chief Clinical Officer and will lead in the creation of a large-scale training program in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy to support Cybins clinical trials and therapeutic approach. The Director is responsible for the design, development, and operational delivery of the EMBARK Training Program, a transdiagnostic psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy applicable to a range of indications including alcohol use disorder, major depressive disorder, and anxiety disorders. EMBARK is an integrative approach comprising six therapeutic domains: Existential & Spiritual, Mindfulness, Body Aware, Affective-Cognitive, Relational, and Keeping Momentum. This role requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Key internal stakeholders include the EMBARK Training Team, the Clinical Operations Team, and the Research and Development Team. External stakeholders include program faculty, clinical supervisors, research units, psychotherapists and facilitators. This is a remote work position.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving the operational delivery of the EMBARK Training Program with the Chief Clinical Officer. This includes, but is not limited to, design and development of the program protocol and training modules, selection of trainers, supervisors, and consultants, development of program budget, assessment of program performance and continual development.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supervision of staff and faculty.
- Lead on training delivery and mentorship. Provide support to the trainees, trainers, supervisors, and consultants when necessary.
- Develop trainee registration requirements and review applicants for consideration.
- Oversee trainee assessments and profiles.
- Plan and develop program plans and training materials including presentations, learning exercises, didactic materials, videos, and assessments.
- Collect and evaluate user experience data, and report to internal and external stakeholders as applicable for continuous program improvement.
- Ensure program standardization and collaborate with the Regulatory and Clinical Operations Teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- PhD or PsyD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or MD Psychiatrist preferred.
- Core profession in mental health required,
- Experience working with patients in altered states of consciousness or with psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy is preferred but not required.
- Training in evidence-based psychological therapy approaches (e.g., CBT, DBT, ACT, MBCT) preferred but not required.
- Experience in therapist/provider training, supervision, and/or mentorship.
- Experience in delivering training and supervision programs.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and independently.
- Ability to work in and contribute to an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to travel globally, as needed.
Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact us at HR@Cybin.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.