Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title: Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships
Division/Functional Area: US Eye Care
Reports to: Executive Director, Consumer Eye Care
Department: Anterior Segment/Specialty Care
Location: Irvine, California
Reporting to the Executive Director, Consumer Eye Care, you will support our partnership opportunities and Optometric Key Accounts Team to grow the Allergan Eye Care portfolio through promotion and engagement. You will work with several teams internally to assess, prioritize, and support all partnership plans and initiatives across the Top 25 Optometric Accounts.
Your understanding of internal processes and procedures and prioritization of projects will ensure that strategies and tactics are properly executed to achieve mutually agreed goals. You will leverage relevant resources in order to efficiently and effectively deliver the account plan objectives in a manner that meets both Allergan and the individual accounts standards and complies with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies.
You must conduct your work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Expand Allergan Eye Care’s capacity to develop new partnerships and support strategic accounts, particularly as it relates to the company’s cash pay products by:
- Supporting the account-specific plans of Optometric Key Accounts and Trade Marketing
- Assessing account plans and working with the Optometric Key Accounts and Trade Marketing teams to craft partnership programs and executional playbooks for the Top 25 Optometric accounts
- Collaborate with Key Account Director team to develop presentations and pitch decks to win new partnerships or expand existing relationships.
- Working cross-functionally with Product Managers, Sales Teams/Management, Trade Marketing and other internal stakeholders to develop specialized materials to support the execution of strategic initiatives
- Acting as liaison between Optometric Key Accounts and Trade Marketing to integrate activities and facilitate the development of partnership programs
- Partnering cross-functionally to develop and execute customized account-specific marketing and promotional activities
- Managing internal workflow processes with internal teams to maximize business opportunities.
job QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
The requirements described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA, MBA an advantage
- 2-3 years of experience in sales, preferably within a pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- 3-5 years of experience in business development or brand management, preferably within a pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- Strong influencer, sales minded with understanding of retail/consumer business, previous Key Accounts experience a plus
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Ability to develop strategic solutions while using quantitative analytics.
- Experience working with creative agencies and with project management
- Business ownership mindset, will to win and a self-starter
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills required to facilitate strategic and tactical initiatives and drive consensus in a highly matrixed environment
- Must be fluent in English, additional language skills an advantage
- Travel up to 30%
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.