Senior Financial Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Senior Financial Analyst supports the ongoing financial forecasting and develops financial models to support decision making related to business issues (e.g. New product development analysis, product portfolio analysis, expense/investment analysis, profitability of new opportunities, impacts of regulatory changes, capital analysis, revenue models and profit margin analysis).
- Prepares and develops drafts of annual Plan, LRP and LBEs as required, including P&L, headcount, balance sheet, expenses and capital using planning system and incorporates review changes of both financial and operating management.
- Prepares variance analysis for each planning cycle and management reporting schedules under direction of Manager.
- Works directly with Accounting Shared Service contact on monthly close and financial reporting processes to ensure complete, accurate and timely monthly actual results, including variance analysis and commentary for P&L, headcount and balance sheet. Understands monthly results and communicates issues vs. benchmark to Manager to agree on resolution or action plan.
- Supports capital process, including RCE preparation and review in accordance with financial policies.
- Provides financial reviews and approvals (purchase order requests and invoices).
- Performs ad hoc analysis and forecasts for internal management team and external customers as requested.
- Works closely with other departments within AbbVie to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years of progressive and related experience in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Execute priorities established by Manager with speed and agility.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of SAP and TM1 a plus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.