Senior Manager Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
CNS MABI: Marketing Analytics, Senior Manager
*based on candidate's experience, will determine grade
As an integral part of the CNS MABI team, this individual will play an important role in driving continued growth of our CNS brands. This individual will closely collaborate with internal stakeholders from Brand Marketing, Sales, Market Access, Patient Services, and Finance/ Forecasting to conduct data analytics and identify commercial opportunities.
The Sr Manager of Marketing Analytics is responsible for solving business problems by applying cutting edge data science techniques on large datasets. This role is expected to work closely with the brand teams and other related groups to help define the business issues and articulate a solution that creates profitable sales growth. He/She then implements the solution and is then expected to present the results back to brand teams and commercial leadership. The Sr Manager is expected to perform a wide variety of data analyses, conduct ROI analyses, longitudinal patient analytics and generate forecasts. This role is responsible for exploring new data sources and keeping up-to date on latest data science techniques. This is a hands-on position as the person is expected to write programs using a variety of tools. while at the same time creating power point decks and presenting
- Deliver physician, patient, competitive and economic insights based on analytics generated by leveraging multiple data sources, including physician and patient level data. Integrate and synthesize information to report key insights to internal stakeholders.
- Deliver projects in areas of Patient Longitudinal Data, Patient Journeys, Treatment Flows, persistency, and Source of Business
- Extensively work in areas of prescription analysis and Promotional Responsiveness (ROI) of marketing programs
- Generate actionable insights to identify business opportunities by developing statistical analysis or machine learning models using a variety of data sources
- Define patient and physician segments to increase product adoption and efficacy of promotional efforts using longitudinal data
- Develop predictive and propensity models using machine learning for consumer and prescriber targeting
- Develop analytical solutions by using and applying appropriate methodology – including, but not limited to, regression, forecasting, clustering, decision trees, simulation, optimization, machine learning, and neural networks
- Develop other team members
- Ensure that all ad hoc requests are answered in a timely fashion and manage customer expectations on timelines
- Translate and present findings from analysis into strategic actionable items for product teams
- A Bachelor's degree in one of the following majors is required. Statistics/Applied Statistics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Other Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics. An MS/PhD degree in one of these fields is strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ progressive business experiences in marketing analytics, database marketing, data engineering and predictive modeling or strong academic background.
- Proficient with programming such as, SAS, R, Python, H20, SQL, PySpark etc.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical datasets like Patient claims and syndicated data from IQVIA (IMS) and Symphony Health Solutions a big plus.
- In-depth understanding of statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Hands-on knowledge of marketing-mix and promotion response models
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories. The Company's mission is to create an innovation-driven, patient-focused specialty biopharmaceutical company capable of achieving sustainable top-tier performance through outstanding execution and a consistent stream of innovative new medicines. AbbVie employs approximately 29,000 colleagues worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.