Manager, Medical Affairs Communications and Planning
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Manager, Medical Affairs Communications is responsible for implementing internal functional communications and helping to develop and execute communications programs and content. This position requires the ability to provide clear communications recommendations and execute on deliverables.
- Execute strategy and tactics aligned with overarching Medical Affairs communications strategy under the direction of USMA Leadership and Sr. Director Global Medical Operations Director, Strategic Initiatives (e.g., employee communications, highlights, newsletters, collaboration sites, portals, and culture initiatives)
- Create, edit or rewrite original materials and implement Medical Affairs digital platform content as appropriate. Ensure materials are formatted correctly and proofed and that their integrity is maintained when viewed by available methods of dissemination
- Partner with internal teams and vendors in planning and executing internal USMA meetings and events (e.g., Town Halls, MD Forum, USMA NMM, and other key leadership meetings). Effectively interact with Business Services Group and vendors to convey direction and changes aligned with schedules for development/ delivery of communications and budget
- Responsible for continuously improving processes and procedures for more efficient and effective internal communications to meet the information needs and expectations of Medical Affairs
- Collect metrics to ensure message content, value and method are evaluated on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, emphasis in public relations, communications or journalism preferred
- 5 years’ experience in a high-level business or communications environment preferred
- Master’s Degree or other post graduate work preferred
- Strong knowledge of Medical Affairs, pharma, biotech and/or healthcare
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and confidently articulate complex and difficult concepts for technical/scientific audiences
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously with sense of urgency
- Strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Confidence in providing communications subject matter expertise to senior leaders.
- Vendor management and alignment
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.