Head of Finance - Supply Chain
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Position Requisition: Supply Chain Finance Director
The Finance Director – Supply Chain provides leadership and financial oversight for the Supply Chain function within Operations. The Supply Chain function is responsible for Operations brand management activities, supply planning, warehousing, distribution, inventory management and Abbvie Endocrinology (formerly Pharmacy Solutions). Responsible for providing financial and business guidance to the VP, Controller in Operations; full P&L management including sales and margin; partnership support, deal modeling and accounting; planning, analysis and reporting; financial reporting including timeliness, accuracy and integrity of all financial information; operating guidelines compliance and internal financial controls.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Business partner to the VP of Supply Chain
- Lead team of over 50 finance professionals based in the U.S. and Netherlands
- Coordinate the development of business unit Plans, Updates, latest best estimates (LBEs) and long range plans (LRPs) in line with Operations and Corporate requirements
- Coordinate and perform monthly book close duties to accurately reflect the business unit’s financial performance
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place and working as designed
- Drive cross-functional alignment between global commercial demand forecast, production planning, and financial planning
- Working with Operations Brand Teams drive decisions relations to inventory management by node
- Ensure critical activities in support of the tax structure and treasury foreign exchange risk management strategies are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the integration of Allergan, including driving achievement of synergy target and executing distribution company and market operating model integration while managing one time costs
- Some travel to domestic and international locations required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA desirable but not required
- 10 + years of progressive experience in related fields as in financial analysis, cost accounting, auditing and/or treasury
- 5+ years of experience at the manager level in the same disciplines
- Preferred: MBA, CPA and/or CMA is strongly preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage cross divisional
- Ability to travel 10 – 15% as needed
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Challenges status quo and looks for opportunities for improvement.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Demonstrated ability to manage global teams
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.