Head of Advocacy
Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women's and men's health designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for our patients through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Head of Advocacy. The position reports to Head of Strategic Partnerships and Innovation. The position will have 4 FTE reports in men's and women's health advocacy. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Head of Advocacy will be a key member of the Strategic Partnerships and Person-Centered Innovations team. This team also includes Person-Centered Innovation and sits within the Office of the CEO.
The Head of Advocacy will drive the overarching advocacy strategy for women's and men's health at Myovant. They will be the key liaise with external stakeholders, including local, national, and global advocacy organizations committed to improving the care of men with advanced prostate cancer and women's health. They will partner closely with clinical development, regulatory, commercial, medical affairs, and corporate communications, to achieve company objectives and to create a best-in-class advocacy organization while integrating patient voice into the everyday operations of the company. They will also identify and create strategic initiatives to complement these activities, including with adjacent sectors like digital health. This role will also liaise with our public affairs/government relations function to advance the strategic direction of our policy efforts.
As part of the Strategic Partnerships and Innovations leadership team, the Head of Advocacy is expected to provide the vision and strategy for our strategic partnerships with patient groups, think tanks and medical societies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Become a trusted and credible partner for external stakeholders, including advocacy organizations and patient communities, ensuring understanding of specific challenges and needs and identifying mutually beneficial opportunities
- Develop and drive Myovant's global advocacy relations plan with clear and actionable objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Facilitate the development of patient and caregiver education and outreach programs, and educational materials via advocacy and professional organizations.
- Manage sponsorships and initiative grants, including the maintenance of all data capture requirements for reporting purposes
- Develop innovative approaches for engaging external stakeholders, educate them about Myovant, and partner with them on issues and projects of shared importance
- Manage full spectrum of daily interactions with advocates in full compliance with US and European regulations
- Actively monitor new developments and insights in the field of advocacy and incorporate such developments, ideas, and strategies into the development and execution of programs
- Champion the patient voice and experience internally among Myovant employees in support of Myovant's patient-centric approach and culture
- Foster strong partnerships with medical affairs, commercial, and other functions to ensure aligned objectives and to identify opportunities and needs for advocacy engagement
- Anticipate trends in external environment, including government affairs, and advance related strategies to advance advocacy objectives
- Serve as trusted advisor to leaders across Myovant, providing counsel and recommendations on how best and compliantly to partner with diverse external stakeholders
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- College Degree Preferred and / or equivalent experience required.
- 12+ years of advocacy, government affairs, or related experience, preferably with a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Proven team leadership, development, and management skills
- Successful track record of cross-functional collaboration, including demonstrated productive relationships with medical affairs, commercial, and corporate communications
- Experience working with stakeholder groups at the local, national, and global levels that serve different constituencies to forge mutually beneficial results and solve community problems
- Extremely strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills and an ability to summarize complex medical and scientific information for broad audiences
- Project management skills, including planning, timelines and budgets
- A desire to think creatively and a proven track record of building campaigns with diverse alliance and creating strategic communication plans to achieve desired outcomes
- A purpose-driven mindset with a high level of energy, initiative, and ownership
- Extensive knowledge of HIPAA and ICH/GCP and all appropriate regulatory and legal requirements
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel approximately 25% within North America and internationally
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity