Research Associate (iPSC Tissue Culture)
GABAeron, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of therapies using stem cells and small molecules to treat neurological diseases. GABAeron takes a novel approach that combines precision medicine (using genetic information for patient stratification) with regenerative medicine (using human iPSC-derived cell products for therapy) and pharmacological intervention (small molecules). The therapeutic programs of GABAeron are specifically designed to replace or protect some of the most vulnerable brain cell populations to restore and preserve brain functions with human iPSC-derived cell products and small molecules in patients with genetically defined neurological diseases.
Our ideal candidate has substantial experience with mammalian cell culture. iPSC culture and iPSC-derived neuron differentiation experience are strongly desired. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of following procedural protocols to yield highly consistent outcomes and results. This person will be expected to bring a team player attitude and a strong work ethic to our growing team. They will need to be detail-oriented in performing and documenting iPSC and iPSC-derived neuron culture as well as contributing to maintaining an effective and efficient working environment.
- BS or MS in a life science or related field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and excellent sterile techniques
- A team player who is able to work in a fast-paced research environment
- High attention to detail and immaculate documentation practices, functionally organized
- Experience in human iPSC culture and iPSC-derived neuron differentiation
- Experience with immunocytochemistry and fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with developing in vitro cell-based assays is a plus
- Familiar with Google Suite and software for data management and image analysis
GABAeron is an Equal Opportunity Employer.