Research Associate Analytical Sciences
GreenLight Biosciences is a venture-backed company that has developed a proprietary scalable process for the low-cost production of RNA. GreenLight is focused on developing RNA-based agricultural and human health products in an economical, sustainable and environmentally friendly manner. These products have the potential to radically change the current status quo in both market areas. We are rapidly expanding our R&D team and are seeking an exceptional, highly motivated Research Associate to play a key role in supporting the production of our next RNA-based products, transforming agriculture and vaccine manufacturing.
The Research Associate will work within the Analytical Sciences team to support mRNA platform development by closely supporting and collaborating with the Process Development team at GreenLight.
As a valued team member, the Research Associate will perform a range of bioanalytical assays to quantify and characterize raw materials such as plasmid DNA, mRNA products, and intermediates of the production process. This role allows learning of new methodologies and cutting-edge science, exposure to molecular biology and characterization techniques. The Research Associate will implement the testing with high accuracy and commitment to quality to produce highly reliable results instrumental in R&D discovery and mid- to late phase product development within a highly collaborative team.
- Perform assays to quantify and characterize plasmid DNA, such as analytical minipreps, gel electrophoresis, and capillary electrophoresis
- Execute assays to measure bacterial endotoxin and determine total microbial counts
- Perform assays to quantify process intermediates, including host cell protein and residual nucleic acids (RNA & DNA)
- Standardize and automate assays for increased testing throughput
- Analyze, summarize, and present experimental results to manager and other team members
- Adhere to Good Laboratory practices (GLP)
- Work collaboratively with other R&D team members to accomplish project goals and milestones
- Stay up to date with scientific and technical development within the field of analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- Be accountable for accuracy of data analysis and timely processing of samples
- Detail-oriented tracking and documenting of experimental results and instrument performance in electronic laboratory notebooks and company databases
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent
- 0-4 years industry experience working in an analytical chemistry laboratory, preferably at an industrial biotechnology or biopharmaceutical company
- Strong background in biochemistry, with knowledge of nucleic acids and plasmid production
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with plate-based assays, SDS-PAGE, and agarose gel electrophoresis
- Familiarity with diverse analytical techniques Western Blot, ELISA, SDS-Page
- Experience with sterile technique and qPCR is a plus
Greenlight Biosciences Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.