Program Support Specialist
We are currently searching for a Program Support Specialist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expertise needed to coordinate, improve, and oversee the overall functioning of the program.
- Schedule and maintain an accurate tracking system for all research and daily activities.
- Research and implement current regulations, policies and procedures, and update lab staff on relevant information.
- Arrange scientific conferences/meetings and contacts attending professionals; make travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintain and track schedules and calendars, update databases and spreadsheets
- Create reports for Senior Staff and keep them updated.
- Prepare routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports
- Maintain inventory and initiates purchase requests.
- Prepare authorizations and vouchers for travel performed by members of the lab.
- Prepare new appointment and renewal packages for Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA) and Visiting Fellows.
- Prepare new appointment and extension packages for Title 42 employees to include Research Fellows and Staff Scientists
- Serve as timekeeper for the lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in a related field.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations and hiring processes.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.