Commercial Data Business Analyst
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Specialist Business Analyst, US Data & Analytics, Global Commercial Operations Information SystemsLive
What you will do
At Amgen, data is crucial in our decision-making, and this role is critical to ensure the right information is made available at the right time. Our US Data & Analytics team seeks a Specialist Business Analyst who will be passionate about data and provide state-of-the-art solutions to our business.
In this vital role you will be part of Amgen's Global Commercial Operations Information Systems (GCOIS) organization and help advance Amgen's data and analytics services for the US region. This position is responsible for partnering with various commercial teams (such as sales, marketing, data science, data management) to ensure that data, reporting, and analytics continue to enable understanding of our customers and products.
Do you enjoy a fast phase environment and support critical business decisions by using data? Do you love working in a motivated team with a culture of transparency, empathy, and acceptance? Come join us!Primary Responsibilities:
- Accountable for day-to-day tactical delivery of feature improvements for our data and analytics portfolio.
- Actively engage with internal partners to analyze business needs, elicit/refine requirements, and recommend technical designs/solutions. Works closely in a client-facing role with a team of IS, data scientists, data engineers, and analysts to identify business problems and design/deliver solutions. Manage and continuously refine a backlog of requirements/user stories.
- Represent the US Data & Analytics platform in discussions with other teams, being able to quickly understand and articulate impacts to the system as well as ensuring the success of system deliverables during regular cyclical processes such as quarterly cutovers.
- Help coordinate vendors and contractors, guiding them as necessary to ensure delivery of commitments.
- Maintain expertise in the broad set of data-related technologies, including Data Storage (AWS S3), Cloud Compute (AWS EC2), Highly Performant Data Warehouses (AWS Redshift), Data Engineering and Analytics (Databricks, Spark), Orchestration (Airflow, Jenkins), Request Management (Jira), and Reporting / Data Visualization Tools (Tableau).
- Work using Agile frameworks (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) where you will be on an Agile Team. Assist with scrum master responsibilities, on backlog grooming, daily standup meeting, sprint planning, release planning, prioritization and effort estimate.
- Contribute towards continuous efficiency improvements. Optimize data delivery processes for greater efficiency and scalability.
- Lead Continuous Exploration with internal business and IS partners to identify and enable new capabilities and technologies required to ingest, process, and analyze pharmaceutical commercial data.
- Maintain a deep understanding of pharmaceutical industry commercial data (including sales, claims, activity, and master data management), and a drive for information systems product development. Additionally, have a strong interest in finding and implementing innovative new technologies to support Amgen commercial operations.
- Learn and understand our systems code, standards, processes and dependencies, being able to influence good design and development choices when implementing data and analytics services as well as troubleshoot issues/incidents as they arise. Review code and data engineering work conducted by vendors before production deploy.
- Daily operational support to make sure systems are performing as expected.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is a technology leader with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Experience with information system management, data management, and integration, preferably in pharmaceutical/biotech/healthcare industry. Strong knowledge of SDLC, data governance, and data quality.
- Excellent communication skills to work across and up through the organization, including escalation and mitigation of issues, risks, and business impacts. Solid business acumen and product stakeholder communication skills to manage internal business relationships.
- Advanced problem-solving capabilities and ability to use constraints as opportunities. Ability to work in a changing environment, under pressure, handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile, Scrum, Design Thinking, and Lean Startup principles.
- Ability to master, with minimal support, new IS technologies and processes.
- Excellent influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with key business partners, IT leadership teams, and external service providers.
- Strong project management experience.
- Experience with designing, building and understanding data models, data integrations, and data engineering pipelines for processing enterprise-scale data.
- Understanding of SQL and hands-on experience retrieving data using complex SQL queries, and the ability to performance tune queries.
- Understanding of AWS technologies (S3, EC2, IAM, Redshift, Spectrum, Sagemaker) and latest reporting technologies (in particular Tableau but also other emerging technologies).
- Intermediate expertise in Python, Scala, or R, and repository/versioning tools such as GitHub.
- Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum) software development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate strategies across and up through the organization, including escalation and mitigation of issues, risks and business impacts.
- Demonstrated high learning agility with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- Strong organizational, planning skills and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across a matrixed organization.
- Ability to think strategically about technology, recommend solutions that align with business strategy and achieve the greatest business impact.
- Certifications in Agile methodologies (preferably SAFe 5).
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us. careers.amgen.comEqual Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.