Experiment Operations Specialist
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- The role will be responsible for owning and managing experiments throughout their life-cycle from onboarding to delivering results, ensuring that each experiment has a clear purpose and processing plan that is well understood and specified for each functional group that is part of making it successful, including Biology, Lab Operations, Engineering, and Data Science.
- Track, analyze experimental metrics, and foster awareness of the status of experiments in the HTS pipeline for all key experimental stakeholders.
- Understand the execution and analysis requirements for given experiments in the HTS pipeline, and how those requirements map to current phenomics platform capabilities.
- Improve data analysis systems through detection, troubleshooting and escalating feature requests in coordination with functional owners to create proactive identification of system-wide failures, outages, and bottlenecks.
- Assist the operations manager in planning and coordinating functions relating to the operation of the HTS platform and downstream data analysis pipelines.
- Identify and deliver service improvements in the HTS pipeline by employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Collaborate with HTS laboratory personnel to develop a deep understanding of current workflow and underlying technology.
- Develop cross departmental partnerships that drive the quality and efficiency of experiment and data analysis operations.
- Provide actionable feedback to the HTS operations team via written communication and weekly review presentations.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a high performing and mission-focused team in the Core Operations department and you will be working closely with our high throughput screening platform. This is a dynamic group of people who are tenacious in problem solving and are rigorous in challenging the status quo. It is also an incredibly supportive and collaborative environment. You will also partner with an exceptional group of talented individuals amongst your peer group across various disciplines like Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, and Data Science, etc.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline. A background in engineering, cell biology, microscopy, computational biology, or data science is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and generate insights from data.
- Experience and accreditation in continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma preferred.
- Attention to detail and willingness to track down and troubleshoot problems.
- Strong quantitative skills and reasoning.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs**
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.