Consumer Marketing Manager, Linzess
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Linzess Consumer Marketing Manager will actively contribute to the design, development and execution of brand strategies and tactical initiatives that support the Linzess commercial plan. The Marketing Manager will partner with cross-functional partners (Medical, Regulatory, Legal, MABI, CE, Legal, OEC) to identify consumer insights and opportunities and develop messaging and tactics to address challenges. This individual will also partner closely with our co-promote partner and lead our agency partners in development of initiatives.
The Consumer Marketing Manager will lead a variety of projects that build consumer awareness of and engagement with Linzess. Projects include: Web site, audio, CRM and digital banner execution, management of budget and leadership of agency partners.
Key Job Responsibilities for the Linzess Marketing Manager I/II position include but are not limited to:
- Work effectively in a high paced, integrated brand team-based environment.
- Work with cross functional partners to enhance brand messaging and strengthen promotional claims within the label (where appropriate).
- Collaborate with ease with co-promote partners on daily basis in strategy and execution of all work.
- Work with cross-functional team to generate and analyze Consumer data/insights to continue to evolve and improve patient segmentation and tactical execution.
- Set strategic direction for agencies and manage projects and agencies within time and budget parameters, including measurement and optimization of campaign ecosystem and the development of message maps
- Assess market dynamics and competitive activities for IBS/CIC market. Develop market shaping strategies, across channels and given competitive activity.
- Support the development of a strategically targeted and efficient media plan to reach key customer segments and embrace “test and learn” opportunities.
- Establish a highly effective collaborative working relationship with the GIC sales leadership team to ensure that field insights are heard and incorporated into marketing tactics as aligned to the consumer strategies.
- Effectively communicate brand vision, strategy and objectives to internal cross-functional partners and sales leadership to drive brand business objectives.
- Position can be located in Lake County, IL or Madison, NJ
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant brand marketing experience; consumer marketing experience preferred
- Competency in core marketing capabilities such as creative development, positioning, optimization across the marketing mix
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams, including timeline and budget management
- Ability to understand medical/clinical aspects of a pharmaceutical product and its application to marketing strategy and tactical execution
- Success working in a matrixed organization to drive alignment to brand objectives
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with field travel and participating in local market and patient immersions, pulling insights through to execution
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, database agencies and internal cross functional partners.
- DTC mass media (TV, Radio, Web/Digital) experience
- CRM experience
- Exposure to digital and audio media
- Experience leading or supporting strategic and tactical planning
- Ability to influence senior management
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.