Senior Scientist/Engineering I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Serve as a lead scientist/engineer overseeing technical activities for a product or family of products. Assume technical ownership of a given product across the various stages of development and commercialization in coordination with other functional areas. Maintains product knowledge and serves as product focused subject matter expert.
- Capable of serving as the technical product/process expert for one or more products, representing S&T across multiple functions.
- Contribute to the generation of new scientific proposals and lead those efforts. Maintain awareness of scientific or regulatory advances or competitive threats and implement new strategies as needed.
- Author, review, and/or approve technical reports and/or regulatory submission documents.
- Make significant contributions to the project team, including lab-based activities.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- Ensure timely and robust technical transfers.
- Seize opportunities to pursue project relevant leads that are in line with the group’s strategy.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
- Direct mentorship of others is possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience, PhD and no experience necessary.
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own scientific discipline.
- Effective writer and communicator of research or other regulatory materials.
- Experience in Amorphous Solid Dispersion, milling, compression and/or extrusion processes preferred.
- Experience leading complex technical projects that cross functional areas, including tech transfers for similar projects.
- Position will be hired based on level of education & experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.