Associate Director, BTS Manufacturing Global Process Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible to drive global process strategies, design, and implementation across the Manufacturing domain. Ensures technology decisions drive and support business process efficiencies. Develop, execute and manage IT projects within the defined scope. Expedite, manage and coordinated a multitude of interrelated IT project activities within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of projects. Manage Project Managers.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Initiate and Plan IT Projects: Works with Strategic Business and Executive IT management to establish project goals and business case. Helps set strategic IT direction.
- Project Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects working with division or senior/executive management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Executing and Closing Projects: Leads project managers and teams in developing and executing a program plan ensuring that authorized resources are obtained to make certain that all activities are performed. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Project Communication: Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Project Team, Division, Cross Division and Executive management. Makes recommendations based on current project status to resolve issues.
- Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources to ensure program and business needs are addressed through proactive priority management with business leaders. Manages, motivates and mentor cross-functional and enterprise project teams.
- Quality Management: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree. Degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- 9+ years experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with a minimum of 9 years managing projects, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.