Meeting Planning Manager
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, we develop, manufacture, and market a portfolio of leading aesthetics brands and products. Our aesthetics portfolio includes facial injectables, body contouring, plastics, skin care, and more. Our goal is to consistently provide our customers with innovation, education, exceptional service, and a commitment to excellence, all with a personal touch. For more information, visit www.AllerganAesthetics.com.
Job Summary: The Meeting Planner is responsible for planning, managing, and implementing a portfolio of programs, including national and regional medical education events for surgeons and other healthcare professionals. This position requires heavy customer interaction to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Identify program needs, establish direction, facilitate problem solving and provide value added client counselling and creative solutions pertaining to program logistics.
- Coordinate Requests for Proposals through Cvent, research venues, conduct site inspections and negotiate contracts.
- Prepare bid comparisons and present venue comparisons to internal partners to confirm final choice.
- Confirm and contract program support vendors (AV, On-site Working Staff, etc).
- Determine and manage program specifications including attendee travel and lodging, function space needs and set up, meal selections, audio-visual needs, on-site and offsite events, ground transportation.
- Develop registration site thru Cvent event management software and approve attendee communications: registration confirmations, event reminder, final logistics, and welcome letters.
- Manage attendee optimization, program budget and final reconciliation, including internal and external reporting requirements.
- Travel for onsite program management. Manage pre-convention meeting, oversee final program details (program materials and venue preparation), and direct program execution.
- Collaborate with team members, business partners and vendors to ensure all program needs are met, meet to discuss event details and ensure alignment, address and resolve unplanned factors in a timely manner. Provide leadership and direction to Coordinator, creating a partnership for the success of each program.
- Share best practices and demonstrating continued dedication to improving processes. Assist in the development and any future revisions of Working Instructions.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure program compliance.
- Additional responsibilities as needed to ensure fulfilment of business needs.
Skills and Experiences:
- Meeting planning, managing and implementing medical education/healthcare related programs
- Contract negotiationand bid comparisons
- Logistics, budgets and reconciliation management
- Cvent expert managing program life-cycle and creating registrations sites
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative and influencing skills working with cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of OIG, FDA, AdvaMed Code of Ethics experience with Healthcare compliance
- Must be able to travel for management of onsite meeting operations and program execution which includes some weekends
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and respond to changes with ease
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and trouble-shooting skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Minimum 2 years direct medical education/healthcare related meeting planning experience
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and/or Experience)
- CMP certification
- Experience with Healthcare compliance
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.