Category Director - Clinical
Full-time employee who will be responsible for creating and leading the expansion and development of our Clinical offerings through the Scientist.com marketplace.
Accessing clinical related services is a growing focus for many of our current clients. With an expanding supply base and reduced internal resources, the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies are looking to centralize their outsourcing of these studies through the Scientist.com Marketplace. A successful candidate will be able to provide the functional expertise (knowledge of supplier market, global regulatory health authority requirements, study specifications and commercial challenges) to directly support study leads as well as the commercial skills to support procurement category strategies within different clients. The candidate will need to possess the business acumen, communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with Scientist.com and client senior management teams to drive the adoption and expansion of the Clinical category within Scientist.com, an area with an expected commercial potential of several hundred million dollars.
- Review, optimize and manage the content available for relevant clinical services within the Scientist.com Marketplace, including the types of services available, supplier capabilities, recent innovations, technical content, and marketing materials.
- Continually identify, update, select, and integrate qualified and/or innovative suppliers into the Scientist.com Marketplace.
- Help drive client implementation and adoption of the Scientist.com Marketplace model for sourcing of studies supporting clinical development at new and existing clients, which range from start-up biotech companies to the world’s largest pharmaceutical organizations.
- Lead industry forums and roundtable discussions addressing industry-wide challenges and initiatives in clinical related services.
- Interact directly with scientists to understand and refine their technical requirements for clinical related studies as needed.
- Support procurement departments to implement and update relevant category strategies to maximize the benefit of the marketplace to their individual organizational needs.
- Verify user and supplier compliance against relevant regulatory and/or internal procurement policies.
- MS or Ph.D. in Science (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience in GxP studies and services with an emphasis on GCP.
- Commercial experience in clinical operations or other relevant role.
- Possess the highest level of integrity, ethics, and honesty.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Good troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
- Solid writing, editing, presentation and communications skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Remote position (work from home) – travel as needed.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options at a rapidly-growing start-up company.
- Full benefit package, 401K/Pension and unlimited vacation.
Scientist.com is the world’s largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 20 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.
Scientist.com Hiring Philosophy
Scientist.com is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!