Category Manager - Value, Evidence & Access
Value, Evidence & Access is a growing focus for many of our current clients as they expand their research related to real world evidence, market access, HEOR, etc. With an expanding supply base and reduced internal resources, the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies are looking to centralize their outsourcing of these studies through the Scientist.com Marketplace. To enable us to provide a world class service supporting the industry we are looking to find an individual to assist them in the delivery of their projects.
The ideal candidate for this full-time position will lead the expansion and development of Value, Evidence & Access service offerings through the Scientist.com marketplace.
A successful candidate will provide the functional expertise (knowledge of supplier market, regulatory requirements, commercial challenges, and provide project support) to directly assist researchers and suppliers. This role will need to possess the business acumen, communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with Scientist.com and client senior leadership teams to drive the adoption and expansion of the Value, Evidence & Access category within Scientist.com, an area with an expected potential of several hundred million dollars.
- Interact directly with scientists to understand and refine their technical requirements for Value, Evidence & Access studies as needed
- Review, optimize and manage the content available for Value, Evidence & Access in the Scientist.com Marketplaces, including the types of services available, supplier capabilities, recent innovations, technical content, and marketing materials
- Continually identify, update, select, and integrate qualified Value, Evidence & Access suppliers into the Scientist.com Marketplace with the support of the Supplier Enablement Team
- Help to drive the client implementation and adoption of the Scientist.com Marketplace model for the sourcing of Value, Evidence & Access studies at new and existing clients, from small biotechs to the world’s largest pharmaceutical organizations
- Lead industry forums and roundtable discussions addressing industry-wide challenges and initiatives in Value, Evidence & Access
- Attend industry technical conferences
- Identify innovative new Value, Evidence & Access suppliers, tools and technologies and make them available through the marketplace
- Verify user and supplier compliance with any regulatory or internal procurement policies
- MS, MPH or Ph.D. in a relevant life science (or equivalent work experience in biotech or pharma)
- Experience with clinical research; desirable to have experience with epidemiology research
- Possess the highest level of integrity, ethics, and honesty
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Good troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Solid writing, editing, presentation and communications skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Limited international travel (post-COVID)