Cell Line Production Technician
The primary purpose of the Cell Line Production Technician is to support the generation and maintenance of research-grade cell lines. This Cell Line Production Technician role will work as to perform all aspects of cell line production, from initial seeding, through passaging to harvest and quality control assessment of the final product. Additional responsibilities include maintenance of records and appropriate documentation, including lab notebooks, batch documentation and quality control summaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of cells
- Responsible for quality assessments of cell lines
- Prepares media, chemicals, and reagents as needed
- Maintain batch records
- Coordinate with other functions to forecast cell production
- Drafts and reviews operating protocols
- Assist with laboratory maintenance duties
- ≥75% of the time will be spent in the laboratory environment
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Biology, Chemistry or other relevant scientific discipline preferred.
- Preferred one (1) year of full-time laboratory research experience.
- Experience with cell culturing
- Buffer and cell culture media preparation
- Flow cytometry
- Automated cell counting
- Basic Microscopy
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills
- Proficient use of MS Office products
- Ability to meet deadlines, adapt to rapid changes, and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members.