Junior/ Senior Research Scientist
ABCL is a North Carolina (Wilmington) based contract research organization with a primary focus on offering chemistry services to pharmaceutical companies, biotech entities and academics. ABCL offers custom synthesis, catalog compounds and worldwide chemical sourcing services to large pharmaceutical and agrochemical companies, Biotechs, universities and research institutes. Currently, we have 2-3 open positions.
- Synthesize target compounds utilizing a blend of both classical and modern technology effectively.
- Modify reaction conditions in accord with visual observations to allow rapid, successful production of target compounds.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Use a broad spectrum of practical laboratory skills as needed; including advanced methods of purification of solvents and reagents, running reactions under anhydrous and oxygen free conditions, and using advanced methods for isolation/purification of sensitive materials.
- Plans work to meet personal project objectives and deadlines; assesses needs and makes changes in process, work flow and/or assignments. Coordinates multiple, concurrent assignments on a multi-faceted research project.
Qualifications: Ph.D. Degree in Organic Chemistry
with 1-2 years of industrial experience or Master’s or Bachelor degree with a minimum of 2-6 years of experience in synthetic organic chemistry.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.