Research Associate I
The Yamanaka lab is famous for its pioneering work in reprogramming adult cells into pluripotent stem cells. We are now accepting applications for a Research Associate (RA) to start in the Summer of 2021. The RA will be working closely with senior researchers on a research project aimed at illuminating previously unknown biology of RNA translation. The project has a prospect of resulting in one or two publications over the span of two years. The RA is expected to contribute to the project by critically processing relevant literature, proposing and performing assays, collecting and presenting experimental data in lab meetings. Specific techniques employed in the project include but are not limited to molecular cloning, DNA/RNA/Protein prep, mammalian cell culture, genome engineering, immuno-histochemistry and flow cytometry. Prospective candidates that have an undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences or related fields are encouraged to apply. Prior work experience in a molecular biology lab and excellent communication skills are a plus. The RA is expected to possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills. The Yamanaka lab is located at the Gladstone Institutes/UCSF Mission Bay which offers access to not only cutting edge technologies but to a thriving community that celebrates diversity of values, backgrounds, and approaches to solving problems.
- Plasmid Cloning, qPCRS, Western Blotting
- Data Analysis and Presentation techniques
- Collaborative spirit and appreciation for teamwork
- Passaging and maintenance of Mammalian cells
- Excellent communication, organization and time-management
- Associate's degree in related field and 2+ years of relevant experience
- BS degree preferred
- 2+ years of college in biology or related discipline.
Competitive applicants will be interviewed and selected following the interview.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.