We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate II, III, or Senior Research Associate to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment using cutting edge methods. In this project, the successful candidate will use induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) to model the process of neurodegeneration, and analyze these models with machine learning (ML). Specifically, the person in this position will work with iPSCs from patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Huntington’s Disease (HD) or Parkinson’s Disease (PD) to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of these disorders using ML and develop platforms for drug discovery.
At the heart of our lab is a novel robotic microscopy (RM) system that can track numerous molecular features of cells over time (an example of how RM is used is found here). RM allows us to extract various types of biological information about how cells grow, mature and behave in response to candidate drugs or genetic perturbations. We then use ML approaches to extract features from our iPSC models to help identify and distinguish disease phenotypes.
We have collaborations with many industry and academic groups, publish our work in high profile scientific journals, and present our work at international conferences. We are looking for candidates with the desire to learn and work on a fast-paced project. The ideal candidate will have experience with growing and differentiating iPSCs, and some experience using R or python.
Education/Skills Experience Required:
- Minimum: BS in a field of Biological Sciences or Engineering.
or Associate's Degree and 4+ years relevant experience
Education/Skills Experience Preferred:
- MA or PhD in a field of Biological Sciences or Engineering.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills
- Team player
- At least 2 years research experience in research biology
- Widefield and/or confocal microscopy
- This candidate must have previous cell culture experience at a minimum of 1 year
- Experience in R or Python
- iPSC culturing and differentiation into specific cell types
- Experience in leadership and mentorship of others
Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.