Pre-Award Grants Administrator- temporary (remote)
The Gladstone Institutes is seeking an experienced Pre-Award Grants Administrator to join its Grants and Contracts Department on a temporary, full-time basis through December 2021. This position is fully remote, working West Coast business hours. This position will provide direct support to Gladstone’s principal investigators in all aspects of pre-award research administration.
From day one, the successful candidate will be a trusted partner to Gladstone scientists throughout the proposal development process, and will work cross-functionally with scientific and administrative teams to provide excellent service and generate high-quality deliverables. They will be comfortable managing competing deadlines and working with diverse constituents in a fast-paced research environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Own the pre-award process from idea to award, working in close partnership with principal investigators and staff scientists to move proposals through the pipeline.
- Track application deadlines and manage time accordingly.
- Ensure proposals conform to sponsor regulations and requirements.
- Develop budgets and administrative documentation for outgoing proposals.
- Ensure compliance with internal review and approval processes.
- Submit research proposals to sponsors.
- Negotiate acceptable award terms.
- Review awards for compliance and audit issues.
- Assist with identifying potential funding sources.
- Process non-competing continuations, progress reports, supplements, subaward requests, research agreements and all other award and agreement amendments.
- Coordinate Just-In-Time submissions for probable awards.
- Complete award setup in the accounting system.
- Perform data entry in proposal and award tracking system.
- Generate Pre-Award Reports for the Grants Department.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of NIH grants management experience. Experience with other sponsors who support biomedical research (DOD/USAMRAA, NSF, CIRM) a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, outstanding customer service and impeccable communication skills are required for this position.
- Demonstrated pre-award management experience, including proposal development.
- The ability to manage a high volume of work and competing deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Comfort working remotely and using tools to facilitate remote work, e.g., Zoom, Slack.
- Effective analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Comfort with business systems that hold financial and administrative information, such Workday.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, with particular regard to Excel formulas.
- Experience using electronic pre- and post-award systems such as Grants.gov Workspace, NIH ASSIST, and NSF Fastlane/Research.gov.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.