Stem Cell Core Director
Lab/Area:Stem Cell CoreDescription:
Gladstone is seeking a talented and motivated scientist to direct the Gladstone Stem Cell Core. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with Gladstone scientists on various research projects employing stem cell technologies, as well as introducing cutting edge techniques to propel science at Gladstone. As Director of the Stem Cell Core, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising core staff members and for ensuring the basic business functions of the core.
- Knowledge and operation of human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)
- Familiarity with methods to produce and differentiate iPSCs
- Providing technical advice on experimental methods related to stem cell research
- Assisting with data analysis, interpretation, and project management
- Maintaining a current knowledge of best practices for stem cell biology
- Providing training for the use of the core’s instruments and related software
- Collaborate with Gladstone scientist to help write grants to the NIH, private foundations and the CIRM (https://www.cirm.ca.gov/)
- Supervising and mentoring of core staff members
- Managing the basic business functions of the core as a recharge center (rate setting, advertising, invoicing)
- Extensive practical experience with stem cell-based techniques
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of relevant safety protocols
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- A passion for supporting cutting-edge science Stem Cell Core Equipment
The Gladstone Stem Cell Core, is a shared research facility that provides services, training, reagents, and equipment for research using human induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells. The primary users are at Gladstone as well members of the UCSF community. It provides the infrastructure required to culture and manipulate iPS cells, including biosafety cabinets, incubators, microscopes, nucleofectors, plasticware, media, reagents, and iPS cell lines. It also offers an environment rich in collaboration and idea exchange among its researchers. In addition, the core offers comprehensive training, custom specialized services, and scientific collaboration for researchers interested in incorporating human iPS cell experiments into their research projects. The core also provides valuable educational seminars and workshops on cutting-edge technologies.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ph.D. in Cell, Molecular or Developmental Biology, or related discipline and 5+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with iPSCs.
- Previous supervisory/management experience regarded as a major strength
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.