A Research Assistant position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Deepak Srivastava at the Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease. We are looking for a candidate who will assist postdoctoral fellows and graduate students in mouse colony management maintenance. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized and willing to learn.
The responsibilities include:
- Maintain records of laboratory animals
- Genotyping animals
- Animal handling and husbandry including i.p. injections, weaning, and tag/tailing animals as well as maintaining and planning breeding cages
- Dissections of tissue for primary cultures
- Lab upkeep duties such as organizing supplies, equipment and reagents
- Associate's degree
- Previous mouse husbandry experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team setting
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.