Staff Research Scientist - Weinberger Lab
The Weinberger Lab is looking for a Staff Research Scientist with a strong interest in developing and testing new generations of antivirals.
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques, mammalian cell culture, in vivo models of infection, virology assays (BSL2 and BSL3), live cell microscopy, data analysis and interpretation.
- Supervising and mentoring of junior lab members
- General laboratory management will be required (i.e. writing and maintaining safety and animal protocols)
- Strong scientific writing skills to assist with grant applications.
- Strong background in molecular and cellular biology and microscopy. Virology is a plus but not required.
- Extensive practical experience with small animal models.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of relevant safety protocols
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Education and Experience Requirements
Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline
3+ years postdoctoral experience in molecular biology, mammalian cell techniques, small animal models and microscopy.
Previous virology experience regarded as a major strength
- Exact title and salary are dependent on education and experience
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.