Contract – Junior Statistical Programmer
CONTRACT - JUNIOR STATISTICAL PROGRAMMER
Under general supervision, the ideal candidate has interest and background both in data science, clinical trials, and/or computer programming. They should be detailed-oriented and have familiarity with programming documentation. The position will include training on Statistical Programming and Data Management methodologies plus practical hands-on opportunities to contribute to the GBT Biometrics department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Biostatistics, Data Management, and Clinical Science to create reports as needed (listings, patient profiles, etc.)
- Assist in dataset and output QC
- Convert clinical data from various formats such as Excel, CSV files to SAS datasets in preparation for data analysis
- Create interactive dashboards including interactive safety tables, listings and graphs using basic R packages, R Shiny etc.
- Develops, writes, documents and tests statistical programs given the parameters and/or someone's sample code.
- Delivers code that requires minimal review and cross checking from a more senior individual and should use programming methods, such as macros or reusable functions, advanced SQL, etc.
- Uses and adapt programs of others and document your own code.
- Demonstrates basic ability to interpret bio-statistical, epidemiological, or general research results.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to other team members.
- Support the preparation of clinical study reports, regulatory submissions, and annual DSUR and safety reports.
- BA, BS or advanced degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, or biological sciences.
- Experience with SAS, Python and R.
- Knowledge and understanding of SAS® programming concepts and skills
- Demonstrated proactivity and strong attention to detail
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.