Statistical Programmer I
STATISTICAL PROGRAMMER 1
Design, develop, and modify SAS programs to analyze and evaluate clinical data in accordance with statistical analysis plans with supervision and/or mentoring
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates ability to work with data from multiple platforms.
- Develops, writes, documents and tests statistical programs given the parameters and/or someone's sample code.
- Delivers code that requires minimal review and cross checking from a more senior individual and should use advanced programming methods, such as macros or reusable functions, advanced SQL, etc.
- Uses and adapt programs of others and document your own code.
- Demonstrates basic ability to interpret bio-statistical, epidemiological, or general research results.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to other team members.
- Provides review or revisions may be necessary in outside communications.
- Trains and mentors Junior Statistical Programmers
- Assist in the development of relevant procedures and processes to ensure that statistical programs are properly documented and validated according to generally recognized industry and regulatory standards.
- Support the preparation of clinical study reports, regulatory submissions, and annual DSUR and safety reports.
- BA, BS or advanced degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, or biological sciences and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Experience in performing statistical programming using SAS® for creating and testing analysis datasets, tables, listings and figures for Phase I-IV clinical trials
- Good knowledge and understanding of SAS® programming concepts and skills
- Demonstrated proactivity and strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of and hands-on experience with CDISC (SDTM/ADaM) standards
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.