Clinical FP&A Senior Manager
CLINICAL FP&A SENIOR MANAGER
The Clinical FP&A Senior Manager will support the Chief Medical Officer organization which includes Clinical Science, Clinical Operations, Clinical Pharmacology, Biometrics, Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory functions. This role will report into the Director of FP&A and is focused on forecasting, budgeting, reporting, strategic planning, decision support, accounting close activities, clinical accruals and analytics. This position will support all aspects of Clinical including Clinical Study, external consulting and internal spend forecasting and actuals tracking.
Qualified candidates must have the ability to execute multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and remain open to new projects and/or responsibilities as the business evolves. Candidates must have strong attention to detail, ability to effectively business partner across functions, drive decision making, problem solving, and time management skills. Must be proactive and deadline-oriented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- Manage quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting
- Become a subject matter expert on the GBT clinical pipeline
- Provide explanations of monthly variances versus expectations to Management
- Identify, track and analyze key metrics / KPIs that impact the business
- Tracking and recording of accruals and prepaids as part of the monthly close process
- Works with external vendors to ensure accruals are accurately reflected
- Perform financial modeling and ad-hoc scenario analysis
- Partner with key Clinical Executives and will be the “go to” person for Financial analysis and support to aid in decision making
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of experience in biotech industry, specifically in FP&A or Finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and clinical modeling
- A "hand's on" business partner attitude is required; who enjoys challenges and thrives in a demanding environment
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere and high-profile environment with minimal supervision
- Resilience and strong target-oriented attitude
- Focused on solutions, practical implementation and goals
- Good understanding of finance terminology, concepts and tools
- NetSuite background a plus
- Experience with FP&A Planning system a must (Adaptive Insights a plus)
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.