Associate Director, Program Management (Remote Position)
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (Remote Position)
This position can be based anywhere in the United States.
This critical position will be responsible for providing program management leadership and expertise to support GBT's Research and Development programs. An ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced Project Management professional with demonstrated ability to manage drug development programs from Research through IND-enabling studies to Phase 1 proof-of-concept to BLA/NDA submissions. This individual will work closely with the project leader and cross-functional teams to define project strategy to meet corporate goals, develop integrated project plans, and implement plans to meet business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with team leads to manage drug development programs through the entire program lifecycle including Research (DC Nomination) through IND-enabling studies to Phase 1 proof-of-concept and BLA/NDA submissions
- Lead and facilitate working groups to work on Regulatory submissions (IND, IND Amendments, NDA/sNDA submissions) and Clinical Development Plans
- Partner with the team leader to ensure the team achieve and maintains a high-level of sustainable performance, by applying appropriate team management best practices.
- Develop important relationships with key stakeholders and utilize strong conflict management skills.
- Participate in establishment of project team system guidance, best practices and implementation.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project plan (goals, key objectives, deliverables, risks) and timelines to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses for business planning processes.
- Develop and issue timely meeting agendas and minutes, facilitate project team meetings and follow up on action items, ensure effective cross-functional communication and decision making to maintain alignment between key internal and external stakeholders.
- Document, and archive project team activities, meeting materials and decisions and act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Oversee and prepares project team budget including key deliverables and assumptions to support project plan, resources and costs collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes.
- Support new corporate development activities or other initiatives performing tasks as required supporting department, portfolio or corporate needs.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- B.S. in Life Sciences, an M.S. or M.B.A. or Ph.D. is a plus. At least 7 years' experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with at least 5 years' direct project management managing cross-functional drug development teams is required
- Pre-clinical drug development experience is a major plus
- Expertise in developing and managing project scope, deliverables, risks & resources requirements including:
- Scheduling building, tracking, management, and communication
- Budget management
- Risk management
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the company including internal partners and functional areas
- Ability to summarize complex information into simple concepts for broad communication to project teams as well as for management status reports.
- Broad knowledge of the drug development process, coupled with strong proficiency in project management practices, tools, and methodology.
- Ability to translate strategy into action; strong influence, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Proven track record of good decision making and exercising sound judgment
- Experience using Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources
- Proven ability/expertise to influence internal teams to achieve project goals
- Experience building, managing and articulating comprehensive, complex, cross-functional plans
- PMP (Project Management Professional) or other PM certification or equivalent a plus
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.