Research Associate, Cell Biology
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – CELL BIOLOGY
Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) is looking for a creative, self-motivated individual with a passion for experimental science to join our cell and translational biology team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in vitro studies for early drug discovery projects
- Execute cell-based and biochemical screening assays to evaluate drug candidates
- Analyze experimental data, and present scientific results at team research meetings
- Bachelor or Master degree in Molecular and Cell Biology, or a related field or related discipline, with at least 2-3 years of hands-on research experience in either an academic lab or in industry
- Broad expertise in mammalian cell culture techniques
- Working experience and skills in cell-based assays, flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy are highly desirable
- Experience with molecular biology or biochemical assays is a plus
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and record-keeping skills, and ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with others in a team setting
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.