Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, PROTEIN BIOCHEMISTRY
We are looking for a Research Associate with expertise in protein biochemistry and protein-small molecule interactions. This position will support our drug discovery effort, by generating key research tools and reagents and by executing biochemical assays to support compound identification and optimization. They must be able to work independently and within a team towards screening small-molecule agents, characterizing protein-small molecule interactions, and generating designer cell lines to support early research and drug discovery programs. A strong background in protein purification is essential as well as extensive experience in the design of constructs used for recombinant protein expression and characterization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Execute and troubleshoot biochemical screening of small compounds, as well as develop research tools and assays to support early stage and discovery projects in biology. A successful candidate must have experience with vector design for multiple expression systems and a detailed understanding of protein chromatographic methods.
- BS/MS in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology or equivalent discipline with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience executing and troubleshooting biochemical assays
- Knowledge of recombinant expression in bacteria, yeast, and mammalian cells
- Experience in molecular biology with a focus on the design and execution of constructing vectors to be used for protein purification and genome editing
- Familiarity with mammalian cell culture and genome editing is a plus
- Experience in translational biology aspects of small molecule drug development projects is highly desirable
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute actively to an integrated team.
- Organized, self-motivated, and able to multitask
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.