Medical Technologist, Sterility
We are currently searching for a Medical Technologist, Sterility to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform laboratory procedures for cell therapy product sterility testing and environmental monitoring including specimen processing, culture, organism identification via MALDI-TOF MS and/or genomic sequencing, Mycoplasma PCR, viable and non-viable particle count monitoring; report and maintain records of test results.
- Perform laboratory work in a cGMP facility following cGMP requirements.
- Perform and document quality control activities, instrument calibrations and maintenance; monitor, troubleshoot, and initiate or take corrective action to maintain stain and media quality, reagents, and equipment.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures when test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results; correct problem or notify staff; document all corrective actions taken.
- Communicate and consult with pertinent medical personnel regarding collection and test procedures; troubleshoot any problems with the specimen or documentation.
- Perform proficiency testing in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Organize daily work based on priorities and needs of the laboratory and patients.
- Perform inventory of reagents and supplies as required.
- Collaborate with staff to evaluate new techniques; perform comparative studies with older technology; perform evaluations to determine new guidelines.
- Comply with accrediting and inspections agency requirements participating in activities associated with the laboratory accreditation process.
- Assist with reviewing and/or writing SOPs
- Perform BSL3 activities for clinical point of care testing for Hematology and Chemistries when the BSL3 is activated to support the NIH Clinical Centers Special Clinical Studies Unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related discipline.
- Experience in clinical Microbiology or MT (ASCP) preferred.
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 pounds.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule. Schedules will vary per week and may include weekends, holidays, as well as on-call, etc.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.