Manufacturing Technician (M/F)
Opportunity and challenges
We are looking to assemble a team of best-in-class, innovative and passionate people. We want to gather their talents and skills to achieve one goal: unlock the power of “DNA-write”. We offer the opportunity of joining a dynamic, international and highly skilled team in a pioneering startup. Our Next-Hour DNA Synthesis platforms not only have the potential to change the way the world makes and uses synthetic DNA, but also to accelerate the rate of discovery by delivering upon the promise of same-day results.
DNA Script is actively searching for a Manufacturing & Procurement Technician who will be primarily responsible for the preparation of kits under good laboratory practices. This role will include inventory follow up, execute products preparation to build the kits with full traceability and interact with R&D teams to support customer demands. In addition, she/he will be responsible for procurement of all necessary items for kits production.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and to have a large impact on developing a technology that will have far-reaching impact across biological sciences.
The position will be US based, in the South San Francisco, California office.
- Prepare buffers, solutions, and other kit components following approved protocols, including the use and safe handling of hazardous chemicals, data input and record keeping
- Use approved analysis techniques to characterize and ensure quality of synthesis reagents and products
- Work with supply chain team and our ERP (NetSuite) to optimize packaging and shipments, eliminating back orders
- Maintain inventory for laboratory and manufacturing operations @ SSF site
- Maintain finished goods inventory, work in process and raw materials; recommend material orders as needed to maintain stocks for production
- Monitor, qualify, and maintain calibration of laboratory instrumentation used for manufacturing
- Participate in planning activities pertaining to kit production
- Help in writing all QC procedures in coordination with Paris office QA team
- Perform reagent manufacturing, logistics planning and other tasks as necessary in a laboratory environment
- Assist in assembly and packaging of reagents and consumables for both domestic and international shipment
- Procure and receive materials to support kit production and shipping
- Execute tasks under approved SOPs, document production using batch records and contribute to improving overall quality in operations
- Contribute to development and execution of incoming inspection of received goods and stability tests
- Work under the supervision of Manufacturing Operations management
- Bachelors degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Experience working in laboratory
- Experience working under GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) and following good documentation and compliance practices
- Experience with laboratory safety procedures and documentation
- Detail oriented and meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to take/accept new responsibilities and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Start date: Q3 2021
- Phone interview with the hiring manager
- Day interview with manager, cofounders, HR and the team
- References Check
- Timing: 2-3 weeks