Medical Affairs Operation Senior Manager
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Affairs Global Operations, Senior Manager. This role has a global remit and will apply project management best practices to the project management of business aspects of Medical Affairs (MA) in the development, initiation, planning, execution, maintenance, and closing of MA projects. The remit of this role also:
- Manages Medical Affairs budget administration activities, annual budget planning, quarterly forecasting and monthly tracking of actual spend to budget.
- Has responsibility for the management of contracts with External Service Providers (ESP) and HCP consultants for MA global functions
- Manages the Medical Education Grants programs ensuring MA compliance to industry standards
- Drives process and systems efficiencies across MA Operations, provides business management support to Director of MCOps.
- Supports the Global HCP Transparency Reporting Program as needed
- Responsible for communicating status update of activities to Medical Affairs Leadership Team, (MALT)
The jobholder’s key accountabilities will include, but not limited to:
Responsible for managing global budget administration activities to ensure spending is on track
Liaise with MA Regional Operations Managers and Finance Business partners to enhance efficiencies and align MA budget and expenditure tracking globally.
Responsible for coordinating budget preparation across MA, quarterly forecasting and monthly tracking of actual spend to budget.
Participate in the development of the 5-year budget plan including identifying risks and opportunities
Responsible for managing the budget and expenditures for MA global functions (Chief Medical Officer, Global Portfolio and Med Com Ops activities)
Managing Medical Educational Grants process for Seqirus.
Facilitate internal review and approval process; track applications to execution.
Manage manual invoice payment and monitor to budget.
Manage project to close-out, and archive of documentation.
Partner with Legal, Procurement and Business Operations to develop and finalize ESP Agreements, ensure contracts are executed and payment are on track. Coordinate with Regional Ops managers to ensure alignment and consolidation of vendor services for efficiency.
Manage execution of Confidentiality Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Investigator Initiated Research Agreements and other Agreements as relevant
Align with QA on vendor qualification and approval
Manage Purchase requisition and SAP payment document to ensure timely payment
4.Provide MA Med Com & Operations Leadership project support, proactively provides back up to managers (for example, addressing inquiries not requiring manager’s direct attention) to keep project/decisions on track.
To be successful in this role, the jobholder will:
- Have Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree with 6+ years’ experience in business or health administration/management in a pharmaceutical industry
- Be highly organized individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and is a team player with well-developed skills managing tight timelines, strong follow through as well as gaining the cooperation of others and ensuring effective communication.
- Have experience using project portfolio management (PPM) tools such as CLARITY and/or SMART CORE.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and proficiency with general office procedures such as commonly used office software (e.g., MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Skilled in utilizing the following applications and systems: Teleconference & WebEx Services, SharePoint (advanced skill necessary to train new team members).
- Have knowledge of pharmaceutical industry Codes and Regulations
- Knowledge of SAP software is desirable.
- Highly skilled in business and project management processes.
- Awareness of vaccine development processes a plus
Additionally, you will have strong stakeholder engagement, influencing skills and the ability to influence decision making within our global organization.