Mechanic II/III, Maintenance - Day Shift
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Reporting to a Maintenance Manager / Supervisor, incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance of aseptic and non-aseptic process equipment (GMP & non-GMP). Incumbent will engage in supporting manufacturing and the execution of maintenance tasks, with minimal supervision.
Shift - Days
Hours- 6AM to 6 PM
Follows the 2,2,3 schedule – off every other weekend
Level will be determined based on years of experienceMajor Accountabilities:
- Provides recommendations for process maintenance spare parts and PM procedures.
- Supports other departments to troubleshoot, test, repair and optimize instruments, equipment and control systems.
- Coordinates maintenance work with various customers (manufacturing and labs) to minimize interruptions.
- Leads in the continuous improvement efforts within the site Maintenance Program including optimization of the CMMS.
- Functions as lead and champion for advanced predictive maintenance efforts in the process maintenance craft
- Manages contract service providers and support contractors executing process maintenance activities
- Assists and mentors’ other technicians and associates when needed.
- Provides support for start-up, commissioning and turnover of new systems throughout the site.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting for other technicians
- Works closely with Quality, Engineering and Operations groups to ensure strict compliance with GMP guidelines at all times, specifically to ensure that the equipment is maintained in GMP compliance.
- Maintains and performs corrective, preventative maintenance on aseptic and non-aseptic manufacturing equipment for in GMP & non-GMP systems.
- Maintains and provides recommendations for spare parts and PM procedures for equipment.
- Supports other departments/areas to troubleshoot, test, repair, and optimize, equipment.
- Participates in the continuous improvement efforts within the site Maintenance Program (including reliability).
- Responsible to respond to alarms for assigned equipment/areas.
- Executes maintenance work for various customers with minimal interruptions.
- Works with contract service providers and support contractors executing maintenance activities.
- Provides support for start-up, commissioning and turnover of new systems in assigned area.
- Uses tools and software (CMMS, PAS, Pi, PLCs, ETOPS, SAP) required to resolve equipment and process issues within all technical competencies.
- Assists other technicians and associates.
- High school diploma with 8+ years’ relevant GMP / industry experience OR an associate’s degree with 7+ years’ relevant GMP / industry experience OR equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance disciplines within a cGMP Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. Advanced knowledge of DCS, PLC, and/or Building Automation Systems (BAS) control systems.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and proven knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (SAP Preferred).
- Working knowledge of the process for fermentation, purification, filling, packaging utilities and formulation preferred.
- Demonstrated experience problem solving and troubleshooting systems in a pharmaceutical environment required.
- Strong organizational and planning skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills (written and oral) are required in order to interface across management levels and departments.